The Wooden Wick Trick!!

There is absolutely nothing wrong with your wood wick, yes it works!!!  However there is a trick to lighting the wick and they are not for everyone.  Wooden wicks burn slightly different than cotton wicks.  But if they happen to be your "thing" then you have probably already mastered the art.  If not here are a few tips that CBC suggest:

1. Give your candle enough burning time to develop a melted wax pool that goes all the way to the edge of the container on the first use-this can take up to a few hours, depending on candle size.

2.  Keep your wood wick trimmed short and free of charred bits.

3.  If your candle won't stay lit because it is "drowning" in a wax pool, try using a paper towel or napkin to soak up some of the excess wax.


To ensure an even burn, light the wick across the candle as opposed to at only one end. Let the candle burn until the wax melts out to the edges of the container. You may have to let it burn anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour. Even if the flame appears to burn low at times, it will continue to burn.


Relax and enjoy the ambience, soft crackle and one of a kind "flicker" that the wood wick candle offers!

Share this post